Private Tour: $1,450 1-3 Passengers
Length: 60 Minutes
Doors off Helicopter Tour of West Maui!
This 60 minute doors off helicopter tour highlights the West Maui Mountains with its lush valleys, abundant waterfalls, and amazing coastline. This tour is our most popular and takes you to places not accessible by car!
Want to make your heli adventure even more special? Add a Cliff-Side Landing to your 60 min tour and take in all that Kahakuloa has to offer! Available at checkout.
What is included:
- Refreshments in our private lounge at the heliport
- Guaranteed Window Seat
- 60 Minutes of Flight Time
- Your choice of door on or door off
Terms and Conditions (Must Read):
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your takeoff time for a mandatory safety briefing
- Maximum number of passengers per flight is 3
- All Ages Welcome! (Children under the age of 15 and/or 85lbs require the approval of company flight supervisors for any doors-off flight.)
- If you choose to have your door off, please wear footwear that will not fly off during the flight
- Routes and sights unfortunately cannot be absolutely guaranteed due to weather and safety requirements
- Delays and cancellations for weather are at the pilot’s discretion for safety reasons. We will do our best to get you rescheduled if this is the case
- For a full refund, please give us 48 hours notice if you need to cancel
- Temperature during flight can get down to 60-65 degrees and we’d recommend bringing a light jacket. If you do not have a jacket, flight suits are available
- Please leave all unnecessary/loose items in the car, or in our office
Cameras and cell phones are welcome on the flight, they must have a strap or lanyard attached. We have cell phone lanyards that you may borrow.
- No selfie sticks or extensions over 10″ are allowed.
- Long hair should be tied back or braided to keep it out of your face.
- Gratuity for the Pilot and Crew are appreciated but not required. Industry standard is 10-15% of your tour cost
For more information, please refer to our FAQ’s or reach out directly via email, text or phone!
The West Maui Waterfall Tour is a 60-minute flight around the western part of the island of Maui. We depart Kahului Heliport and generally head Southwest, flying over the central valley towards Kihei and Ma’alaea harbor. You’ll see the now abandoned Maui Sugar Mill and the hundreds of acres of sugar cane fields as we cross the island. As we pass over Ma’alaea harbor, keep your eyes peeled for the “Honu” (Hawaiian Sea Turtles) that feed off of the reefs in the bay. In the winter months, the bay is often filled with the humpback whales that migrate to Hawaii.
Rounding the corner at the windmill farm, we continue up the leeward coast towards Lahaina and the Ka’anapali coast. Out of the mauka (mountain) side of the aircraft, you can see into the valleys that run all the way into the center of the West Maui mountains and usually you can spot a rainbow or two. Out of the makai (ocean) side, you will see the beautiful reefs just offshore of Olowalu town and the islands of Kaho’olawe and Lanai.
As we continue up the coast, you will see the resorts of Ka’anapali and Kapalua and their world-class golf courses. You’ll see the abrupt change in the colors as we start the transition to the windward side of the island, everything is suddenly greener and there is a good chance of getting a little rain as we pass over the pineapple fields and cook pine trees.
Turning into one of the valleys, we start descending as the air gets cooler and we will cross the ridges of the West Maui mountains towards the little village of Kahakuloa and it’s pristine bay. As we round a corner, you will see Jurassic Falls, filmed in the movie Jurassic Park in the opening scenes. If the weather permits, we continue up the valley to Honokohau Falls, a massive two-tiered waterfall that is about 2500′ from top to bottom. As we exit the valley, we cross over the famous Waihee Ridge hiking trail and wave to the hikers as we pass by. Just a few ridges over, and we turn into Waihee Valley and head into the West Maui mountains.
Surrounded by steep cliffs, Waihee Valley collects water from the clouds that are constantly overhead and funnels it into multiple streams. The lava rock is so porous, the back wall of the valley is called the Wall of Tears because waterfalls erupt from the rock, not just at the top, but from the middle of the cliff as well. There are so many waterfalls in this valley, the air is filled with mist and 10-20 degrees cooler than just outside of the valley. We will circle a few times so everyone gets great views and can take some amazing pictures. With our doors off tour, the cabin is filled with fresh, clean air.
Exiting Waihee Valley, we will fly over the coastline and Kahului Harbor. When the winds are up, windsurfers and kitesurfers can be seen riding the waves at Kanaha beach park. If there is no wind, you’ll see canoe clubs, surfers, divers, and stand up paddlers enjoying the beautiful North Shore. A quick few minutes and we will land back at Kahului Heliport where you can debrief at our lounge before you continue on with your day.